Welcome!

Welcome!

Friday, May 25, 2012

Happy Friday Everyone

Yay for weekends =)! I am thinking it is time to make yet another pudding pie! This week we enjoyed two scrumptious pudding pies in our household, banana caramel and chocolate. Yum!



Now, I could sit here and say that I spent the entire time in the kitchen slaving over these yummy goodness, but that would be a big fat lie. lol sadly, these aren't really homemade (unless you count preparing pudding and adding store bought pie crust as homemade lol).

For the chocolate pie:

1 box of chocolate pudding
1 pie crust
Chocolate syrup
Grated Chocolate

I baked our pie crust in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes (until golden brown). While my crust was baking I prepared our chocolate pudding as per the box directions and let it chill in the fridge. Once my crust was done I set it aside to cool. Once the crust was cool, I poured my pudding into the crust, topped with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and chocolate shavings, then put the pie in the freezer (covered) for about an hour. The pie should be firm enough to hold it's shape, but not entirely frozen when served.

For the banana caramel pie:

1 box of vanilla pudding
2 bananas
1 pie crust
Caramel sauce
Cinnamon

For this pie I sprinkled a little bit of cinnamon (just enough for flavor, don't go too crazy as a little goes a long way) onto my raw pie crust and then baked it at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. I prepared my pudding as per the box directions then let it chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Once the crust is done, set it aside to cool. Once the crust is cool, line the bottom of the crust with slices of 1 banana (leave the other banana for the top!), pour your pudding on top of the bananas then top with slices from your 2nd banana. Top the pie off with a few pinches of cinnamon and caramel sauce and then place in the freezer to chill (covered). The pie should be firm enough to hold it's shape, but not entirely frozen when served.

** to keep the bananas from browning, I did brush a tiny amount of lemon juice over the tops of the bananas slice. I have also read that orange juice will protect from browning as well.

While these pies may not be entirely homemade, they were very yummy, and provided a nice chilly treat for the whole family =).




5 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower from the WeeklyBNSBash team on Etsy. Those pies look delicious! How did you keep the bananas on the top from turning brown?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did use a little bit of lemon juice on our bananas, but to be honest, our pie didn't last long enough for the bananas to turn brown! This one lasted a day and half before it was consumed entirely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also read that orange juice works as well. I haven't tried it, but I think I just might with my next pie. I just brush a small amount over the tops of the banana slices.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip! I'm sure it wouldn't last long in our house either!

    ReplyDelete