I am not going to lie, while I was excited about trying and reviewing another fabulous product, I was a bit sketchy as I have never had a burger that hadn't previously "moo'd" in it's past life. This was a pretty big deal for me.
So my bzzkit arrived, and I received some wonderful coupons for MorningStar Farms Veggie Products. I decided to play it safe and chose to go with their Grillers Prime Patties.
- 2 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers*
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese (1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons salt-free Southwest or Mexican seasoning
- 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 2 1/2 cups shredded lettuce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red or green bell pepper
- In medium bowl toss together MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, salsa, cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack cheese and seasoning.
- Use pizza cutter to cut tortillas into 7-inch triangles. (Save trimmed edges for another use.)
- Place about 2 tablespoons burger mixture in center of each triangle. Fold corners of large triangles over filling, completely enclosing filling and making small triangles. Secure with toothpicks. Place on baking sheet, toothpick side up. Brush with butter. Bake at 375°F for 9 to 12 minutes or until beginning to brown on top.
- Arrange on top of shredded lettuce. Sprinkle with bell pepper. Serve immediately.