Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Bzzagent Campaign Review: MorningStar Farms Veggie Burgers

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a life long meat eater. I love chicken, pork, beef, fish, you name it! I was offered the wonderful opportunity from Bzzagent.com to try my first ever veggie burger.

I am not going to lie, while I was excited about trying and reviewing another fabulous product, I was a bit sketchy as I have never had a burger that hadn't previously "moo'd" in it's past life. This was a pretty big deal for me.

So my bzzkit arrived, and I received some wonderful coupons for MorningStar Farms Veggie Products. I decided to play it safe and chose to go with their Grillers Prime Patties.


After trying them, I gotta say they got me! They are beyond delicious. I know it is so hard to believe, but they really do taste just like beef! No joke! They are incredibly delicious! 

I served up our burgers sandwich style on toasted bread with lettuce, mozzarella, and  guacamole dressing and they were out of this world good! I am DEFINITELY going to be stocking up on these burgers this week. I found them locally on sale for about $2.67 for 4 veggie patties. I was amazed at how light they were to be honest. I am sadly so used to grease, that I was pleasantly surprised to be enjoying a nongreasy meal! 

They also cook incredibly fast, so be sure to keep an eye on them while cooking. They definitely cook a lot faster than your standard beef patty.

Each patty is approximately 170 calories with 39% less fat than ground beef.

Here is a video follow-up of our yummy Meatless Monday Meal! 


If you are looking for a new and fun recipe to try, fear not, Bzzagent has you covered:

Cheesy Black Bean Quesadilla Triangles

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers*
  • 1/2 cup salsa
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese or Monterey Jack cheese (2 ounces)
  • 1/4 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese (1 ounce)
  • 2 teaspoons salt-free Southwest or Mexican seasoning
  • 10 (8-inch) flour tortillas
  • 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
  • 2 1/2 cups shredded lettuce (optional)
  • 2 tablespoons finely chopped red or green bell pepper

DIRECTIONS

  1. In medium bowl toss together MorningStar Farms® Spicy Black Bean Veggie Burgers, salsa, cheddar cheese, Pepper Jack cheese and seasoning.
  2. Use pizza cutter to cut tortillas into 7-inch triangles. (Save trimmed edges for another use.)
  3. Place about 2 tablespoons burger mixture in center of each triangle. Fold corners of large triangles over filling, completely enclosing filling and making small triangles. Secure with toothpicks. Place on baking sheet, toothpick side up. Brush with butter. Bake at 375°F for 9 to 12 minutes or until beginning to brown on top.
  4. Arrange on top of shredded lettuce. Sprinkle with bell pepper. Serve immediately.


To learn more about MorningStar Farms and their selection of meatless products, visit: 

Want to learn more about becoming a bzzagent such as myself? Visit: www.bzzagent.com and learn more!






No comments:

Post a Comment