Welcome!

Welcome!

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Recipe: Green Beans and Bacon

 Recipe: Green Beans and Bacon

 You will Need:


  • 1/4 of an onion finely chopped
  • 1/2 tbs of Olive Oil (I used Filippo Berio Olive Oil as I received a bottle to try from Bzzaget.com!)
  • You can use a box of frozen green beans, but for this recipe we used to cans of green beans. If you use frozen they may have to cook longer so follow the cooking directions on the bo
  • Bacon
  • Garlic Pepper to taste

Our first recipe involving Filippo Berio Olive Oil is my very own kick to our regular canned green beans. 

I start off by cutting bacon into small bits and cooking it until brown and crispy. 

I let the bits drain on a piece of paper towel and drain the grease out of the pan. 

I then add about a quarter of a finely chopped up onion to about half a tablespoon of oil in a hot skillet. 

Once they are golden and yummy, I toss in my green beans and sprinkle with a little bit of garlic pepper and let the beans simmer for about 15 minutes. 

Once it is done we top with the bits of bacon. It makes a really yummy side dish that the whole family enjoys.

To learn more about becoming a bzzagent such as myself, please visit www.bzzagent.com 
To learn more about Filippo Berio Brand Olive Oil, visit http://www.filippoberio.com/yourhealth

No comments:

Post a Comment