Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Pinterest Test : Soda Bottle Cherry Blossom Painting

I am sure that most of you have seen the gorgeous pin of the cherry blossoms using the bottom of a soda bottle and paint.

Pinterest: Cherry Blossom Painting DIY

(While this pin is listed under my boards, I am not the original owner. This was just an interesting pin that I came across and re-pinned)

Now, I will be the first to admit that I am absolutely crummy when it comes to drawing, I can't even draw a proper stick figure! ... Alright, that may be a slight exaggeration, but somewhat true. I saw this DIY Pin and instantly thought, "Hey, I can do that!" Sadly, it didn't turn out quite as I had hoped.

For starters, My flowers looked more like pink globs! I wish I had take a photo, but instead I instantly tossed the pink mess into the waste bin and tried again ... in the result of more pink blogs. I think this is my inner artist just telling me "YOU STINK!"

After two failed attempts, I pulled out my paint brushes and ended up just hand painting the entire thing.


So was this project as easy as described?

The Verdict: If you are patient and have a steady hand, then I guess it is. I don't really want to say a flat out "NO" but I really did have some problems with this one lol. If you have tried this pin with wonderful results, please post your outcome (and maybe some tips for the artistically challenged!)

To see other Pinterest Success/Failures visit: Crafty Pins!

No comments:

Post a Comment