Welcome!

Welcome!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pinterest Test: Mini Taco Bowls

Who doesn't love tacos? Seriously! They are crazy delicious and fun to eat. I was looking for a new and fun recipe to try today and found a fun taco bowl recipe through Pinterest!

http://pinterest.com/pin/184718022187200791/

The post originates from Kraft foods, so it was bound to be delicious:

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/mini-taco-bowls-94521.aspx

Alrighty, so we changed up the recipe just a tad to use what we already had on hand. I started by forming my taco bowls with store bought tortillas in a muffin pan. I formed mine inside the muffin tins rather than turn them over and it seemed to work out just fine, They baked for about  10-13 minutes at 350°F.

While they were baking, I already had my ground beef browning. Once I drained the grease, I added in finely chopped garlic and onion, salt and pepper, about a tsp of cumin, a tsp of chilli powder, and a few shakes of garlic pepper. I like my food a little spicy so I also seasoned my meat with a few splashes of hot sauce (Yum!) 




I heated up my can of beans and just lightly added a little bit of salt and pepper



I had already diced up some lettuce, tomato and lime for toppings and I busted out our bag of shredded cheddar cheese.


Another topping I made was quicky corn and tomato salsa (corn, can of diced tomatoes and green chillies, salt, pepper, red chilli powder, lime)


We set up the dining room table with our dishes so everyone could pick and choose how they wanted to customize their taco bowls. It was a huge hit!



I HIGHLY recommend this pin! It is a fun way to server dinner to the people I love most. The conversation was great and everyone enjoyed the meal. Cleanup was a snap as I was able to keep dishes to a minimum and I wasn't worn out at all!


So was this project as easy as described?

The Verdict: YES!




No comments:

Post a Comment