Welcome!

Welcome!

Monday, June 25, 2012

Birthday Dinner

So today is my fiance's birthday and I wanted to do something special for him. My father has a coworker who received Alaskan Salmon from a relative. He receives so much of it that he is usually especially kind and shares some of the frozen fillets with us! I decided to do baked salmon with fried rice.


I placed my cut fillets into little foil packets and added the juice of two limes, and a little bit of water. Earlier I had a pan melting butter mixed with a little extra virgin olive oil, a few splashes of soy sauce, spicy mustard, and a pinch of chili flakes. I had it melt and simmer for about 5 minutes and let it cool. I added my mixture to my salmon packets, folded them shut, placed them on a pan and baked them in the oven at 400 degrees for about 20 - 25 minutes.


The meal was seriously yummy! I will admit, I cheated on the friend rice. I bought some steam in a bag rice from our grocery store. The dressing is a simple mix of catalina or French style dressing mixed with spicy mustard and honey.

If you are looking for a great baked salmon recipe I highly suggest these!


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/salmon-baked-in-foil-recipe/index.html


http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/kathleen-daelemans/oven-baked-salmon-recipe/index.html

2 comments:

  1. This sounds so easy! I'm always looking for an easy way to cook salmon or tuna. I'm definitely giving this a try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very easy and they cook so quickly! I haven't tried it with tuna, but I can imagine that it would be just as delicious.

    ReplyDelete