Welcome!

Welcome!

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

DIY: St. Patricks Day Nail Design

I love painting my nails, but let's be honest ... judging from the pictures below, I should leave it to a professional lol. However, I still find it calming and fun to paint them myself even if my technique is no where near nice and neat. Since Saint Patricks Day falls on the 17th of March, I figured I would go ahead and practice a quick design that HOPEFULLY I can perfect closer to the date. Here it is!

I started off with my base coat. I used an all in one base from Essie


From there I went ahead and chose a lovely lime green that absolutely looks horrible on me, but I loved the shade anyway :P





I decided to use my white striping brush to paint a quick white tip across the top of my nails. I striped the tips when the lime green was still a little wet so that it would blend a bit and turn into a tasty light lime green rather than stark white.




The hardest part for me was getting the clover. I decided to only paint it on my middle nail and was really pleased with how it turned out. Trust me when I say this is a VERY abstract clover! :P





I finished off my nails with a quick top coat and admired my work :P. I actually like the results! The little imperfections make me smile and stay as a reminder that I did the design all by myself.





What are some of your favorite nail designs? I would love to see them!


"May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand."

Happy Saint Patrick's day everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment